May 16th, 2014 by admin
BTI Communications Group Presents
ShoreTel Tip of the Week!
Turn your Group IM into an Instant Conference
Last week we showed you how to use your ShoreTel Communicator IM (instant message) feature and how to create a group IM. Today's tip will show you how to instantly turn your group IM into a conference call. Don't worry about dialing each party individually; your ShoreTel Communicator will dial for you automatically.
- First let's create a group IM. Start an IM with the first party by right clicking on their name in your ShoreTel Communicator and clicking on the IM field.
- The IM window has appeared and you are now in an IM conversation.
- To add an additional party to the IM, from the 'Add participant' field in the top right hand corner, type in the name of the person you wish to add to the group IM.
- You now have three participants in the group IM. Repeat step three as needed until all your desired parties are added to the Group IM.
- Within a group IM you may wish to start an instant conference call with all participants. To do this, simply click on the GREEN phone icon in the upper left hand corner.
- Once you click the green phone icon, all parties in the group IM will be automatically dialed and placed into a conference call.
That's all there is to it! You have easily turned your group IM into an instant conference!
Thank you for reading your ShoreTel Tip! Have a Great Week!
Posted in: BTI